Follow these easy steps to safely ship your chainsaw.
- Carefully empty the oil tank, and place cap back on snuggly.
- Carefully empty the fuel tank, and let it dry. Once dry place the cap on snuggly.
- Remove the guide bar and chain, do not ship them. We have test bars, and chains.
- Remove the felling dogs, both the inside side and the outside dog if there is one. These just end up puncturing the shipping box and make a mess of your packing.
- Use two trash bags and double bag your saw. Tie the bags with tape, twist or zip ties. This keeps any fuel fumes from getting out - do this so the courier doesn't get nosey... literally.
Now for the packaging
- Choose a box that is at least 2” greater in length, width and height than the powerhead dimensions.
- Make sure to pack your saw tight! Use cardboard, foam chunks, rigid insulation, random crap, etc. You can use bubble wrap but not the air pillows, they leak and puncture easily - your saw is too much for them. Pack tightly, with no voids that will cause the power head to shift inside the box.
- Finally, tape the crap out of it and ship it!
- Ship to:
West Hill Saw House
1605 West Hill Rd
West Berlin, VT 05663
For more information about how to ship a chainsaw, please call Dominant Saw at 802-526-4729 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this post with other cutters
- 1 comment
- Tags: easy steps for shipping your chainsaw, easy steps to safely ship your chainsaw, how to ship a chainsaw, how to ship your chainsaw?, safely ship your chainsaw, shipping a chainsaw, shipping your chainsaw